IT Lead / Joulz B.V.
Oct 2021 - Current
Responsible for the business–IT alignment, technical team and projects within the metering vertical.
- IT strategy.
- Business Intelligence.
- Metering landscape rationalization.
- Compliancy with the sector releases.
- Continued development of the Joulz Data Platform.
Director of Sales and Business Development & Managing Consultant / Spatial Eye B.V.
Jan 2021 - Oct 2021 - 10 mos
Part of the management team with responsibility for sales, business development and key projects (sales target: 2M EUR).
- Cadastral data as a service.
- Address master management.
- Business process focussed web applications.
- Data pipeline with history, spatial and network connectivity data.
- Dial before you dig solution for the Dutch (KLIC) and Belgian markets (KLIP & KLIM).
General Manager & Business Development / Xensor Integration B.V.
Mar 2019 - Jan 2021 - 1 yr 11 mos
Responsible for daily operations, sales and marketing activities (revenue: 3,5M EUR).
- Founders exit strategy preparation and implemenation.
- Business development of the thermal conductivity hydrogen sensor.
- MEMS design, micro assembly, chip calorimetry and gas sensing instrumentation.
- Focus on safety, digital process support, ISO compliance and operational excellence.
Manager Sales, Marketing and Services & Managing Consultant / Spatial Eye B.V.
Jan 2016 - Mar 2019 - 3 yrs 3 mos
Responsible for direct sales to mainly utility companies, indirect sales via partners and marketing activities for standard and custom software solutions and consulting services (sales target: 2M EUR).
In times of need I also supported the service team with complex software implementations projects. After reorganization I also became responsible for the services team comprising 5 people. Being part of a small team I learned to work effectively and to balance multiple projects and responsibilities without losing sight of future software and company developments. Because of the partnership with General Electric, I was fortunate to travel the world to present complex software solutions to the biggest utility companies.
- Data Fabric.
- Spatial Analysis.
- Data driven Asset Management.
- Business process focussed applications.
Program Manager / Enexis B.V.
Mar 2013 - Jan 2016 - 2 yrs 11 mos
Responsible for multiple projects focusing on different aspects; customer relationship, asset data and technical excellence of public lighting (budget: 20M EUR).
- Design and implementation of the public lighting dashboard.
- Renewal of the public lighting portal to improve the customer experience with the operational processes.
- Improving stakeholder communication about public lighting.
- Implementation of the smart metering services to the public lighting customers.
- Mapping operational processes and services offered by Enexis for public lighting, defining the best practices to gain operational excellence and higher customer appreciation and implementing the needed changes.
- Definition, pilot and implementation of hardware and software solutions that is needed to modernize the control of public lighting, energy balance management and MV fault detection in 30.000 substations.
- Comparing and adjusting technical and financial public lighting data with the customers and their service providers to improve outage management and to create transparency in the billing process.
- Digitizing 1.2 million LV connections for public lighting from analogue sketches and geographical position from 360 degrees pictures, digitizing 600.000 LV joints from analogue sketches, cosmetically improving LV schematics for 50.000 substations and 120.000 distribution boxes and improving the LV schematics by doing field inspections.
Data Manager / Enexis B.V.
May 2010 - Mar 2013 - 2 yrs 11 mos
Project manager and analyst for asset data related topics.
- Chairman of the asset data entry policy board.
- Improving data quality of build dates and material types of critical assets (budget: 600k EUR).
- Digitizing 4.2 million service connections from analogue sketches to digital representation (budget: 13M EUR).
Management Trainee / Enexis B.V.
Jun 2008 - May 2010 - 2 yrs
Talent development programme with operational projects in different departments.
- Financial data entry process improvement.
- Analog to digital asset data migration.
Bachelor Thesis / Enexis B.V.
Jan 2008 - Jun 2008 - 6 mos
Scenario based study on impact of solar panels and combined heat and power in the context of Enexis infrastructure.
Technical Internship / MLT Drives
Jan 2007 - Jun 2007 - 6 mos
Development of testing software for DC/AC inverters and supporting manufacturing and installation of inverters as part of residential off grid systems in South Africa.
Master Management / Open Universiteit
2022 - 2024
Master of Science (MSc) degree in Management
Leadership programme / Enexis and Paluka.nl
2013 - 2014
Internal leadership program for high potentials comprising of courses focusing on different facets of self-identity, authenticity and impact within high stake environments.
Pre MSc Management / Open Universiteit
2011 - 2012
Preparation for master degree in a non technical field.
Professional coaching / LOI
2010 - 2011
General course about coaching within a professional working environment.
Technical Management Traineeship / Enexis
2008 - 2010
Internal traineeship program comprising of courses focusing on understanding of the Dutch energy market, effective communication and project management. The traineeship also included on the job training via projects and peer and individual coaching.
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) / The Hague University of Applied Sciences
2004 - 2008
Electrical Engineering with specialization in embedded design and power management.
- Member of the student council.
- Teaching Chinese students the Dutch language.
- International internship in South Africa.